Digital, virtual, remote. Call it what you want, having to deliver instruction from a distance is challenging. Creating authentic learning experiences becomes more difficult, but there are technologies in place that allow you to still create meaningful connections!
Using ThiNKtech can create shared experiences from a far that even become interactive when using partner applications with our software.
Here are some tools to consider incorporating into your digital classroom. They’re easy to use and best of all- they’re free!
- Audiobooks: An audiobook (or talking book) is a recording of a book or other work being read aloud. From non-fiction work, to abridged educational resources, audiobooks can be a great supplement to traditional reading materials. Here are some of our favorite resources to gain access to audiobooks and other digital content- Overdrive, Hoopla and Spotify.
- YouTube: Video can provide information filled, easy to consume, fun content that students will appreciate and enjoy. With video you can integrate the outside world into the classroom to create authentic and unique lessons. Here are some of our favorite educational YouTube channels you can use to source content from: TED-Ed, Smithsonian Channel and WordWorld.
- Pinterest: If you don't have a subscription to education.com or another worksheet provider you can utilize Pinterest for teacher generated content that may align with your lesson and standards. Here are a few of our favorite pages on Pinterest to access worksheets that can be utilized in THiNKtech: Super Teacher Worksheets, The Measured Mom, MadeByTeachers and Keeping My Kinders Busy.
- Pics 4 Learning: Teachers and students can use the copyright-friendly photos and illustrations to create amazing decks in minutes that your students can use over and over while working from home. Scale your content across any grade level with some of our favorite categories: animals, biomes, weather, and architecture.
- PDF Candy: If you have materials in other formats, you can use PDF Candy in order to convert other file types into usable materials for THiNKtech. Here are some of the most popular ways we've used this tool to create enhanced tasks:
- JPG to PDF: Take image files and convert them into PDF's to compliment a question in Sketch iT
- Excel to PDF: Use data and tables to support your line of questioning.
- Split PDF: Split your PDF file into single page files or by page intervals.
- PPT to PDF: Convert your Powerpoint presentations to PDF format.
- Crop PDF: Crop your PDF files with ease.
In short, take advantage of the tools available to you and make the most out of every experience for your students! There is a ton of information out there and we’re here to help you sort through it to bring meaningful results to your remote instruction.
Let us know if there’s anything you’ve used with THiNKtech that’s been successful for you!